Friday 4 May 2012

Evaluation - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Within the time that I created my preliminary product to the finished and published product, I have learnt a lot about the development of making magazines. From the beginning, I have already gained a bit of photoshop experience in which was all forgotten till the preliminary task, I had to spend a bit of time trying to remember all the features that was available in Photoshop. However over time, I have experienced new features in the new edition of Adobe Photoshop in which I have benefited from as I have used some of them in the development of my product.
Looking back my finished preliminary and comparing it to my music product, I was able to spot improvements in the quality of the product. From my preliminary work, I have seen a similar link in the background, in which is a fade in to a dark colour scheme in which I used for my background on my final product. However I was also able to determine imporovements in the layout as the preliminary work shows a layout that was following the conventions but they seemed as though they were forced there and that they didn't match well with each other. There is also an imporovement in font choice - for example the " School Holidays! " in my preliminary work is written in a font that people may struggle to read in which in my final product, I have considered this feature and chose fonts that would look great and be easy to read.

Overall, I believe that I have greatly improved from my preliminary work, from basic cuts and small edits to a higher standard of manipulation in the finished final product. My final product is more professional and has a high standard of quality in which is not shown in the School magazine project. However, for a first attempt after a long period of time, I think that I was good enough to produce a reasonable first attempt of a school magazine. On the other hand, My finished product is much better in appearance and presentation, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment